Lady fennel sour cocktail
I love a White Lady cocktail. It is a classic cocktail made with gin, cointreau, fresh lemon juice and egg white. It is a member of the sidecar family, and this is my version of a White Lady Cocktail adding Fennel for a lovely Christmas touch! I call it my Lady Fennel Sour. You have to plan ahead a little to make the fennel sugar syrup – but its super simple.
Fennel sugar syrup
- 250 ml water
- 250 g sugar
- 1 fennel bulb washed and chopped up
- 30 ml Cointreau
- 30 ml Botanist Gin
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 15 ml Fennel sugar syrup
- Dash orange bitters
- ½ Egg white
- Garnish - Fennel pollen
- To make the fennel sugar syrup place the water, sugar and fennel into a saucepan. Bring to a boil, boil for 30secs-1min until slightly syrupy, then turn off the heat and allow to infuse for a few hours, ideally overnight. Then strain and store in the fridge ready to use.
- To a cocktail shaker filled with ice add Cointreau, Gin, Lemon Juice, Fennel Sugar Syrup, buitters and egg white.
- Shake well for 30-60 seconds. This will create a beautiful frothy top.
- Strain into a serving glass and finish with a sprinkle of fennel pollen.
- Always drink responsibility. Strictly ages 18+
Please rate and review this recipe or ask me a question about it.
Have a recipe to share?
Send me your recipe and you could be featured on this site.
Disclaimer - Nutritional information is provided as a guide only
This is my rhubarb and gin custard slice with wattleseed and walnut crumble. This dessert is inspired by my rhubarb gimlet that I created for world gin day today. This is an absolutely delicious desert that brings together the beautiful native ingredients from Archie...
This is my version of Skånsk kalops which is a very simple, traditional Swedish Beef Stew with Onions, Allspice and Carrots. I have used Beef short ribs in my stew as I love the gelatinous texture you get and super tender beef when it is slow cooked. The Allspice...
This is a drink that definitely impressed as part of Australian Cocktail Month. It took me back to fruit tingle days in Brisbane at City Rowers Nightclub – but this was waaaay better! It was made at La Costa in Fortitude Valley Brisbane and called Oceano Blu....