Amaretti biscuits are so delicious and go soo well with Zabaglione. They are a great way to use up your left over egg whites from the Zabaglione. They are easy to make, with only a few ingredients, egg whites, ground almonds and sugar and flavoured with vanilla and Amaretto. They are gluten-free too and delightfully chewy and crunchy!
- 280 g ground almonds
- 280 g caster sugar
- 1/8 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 ½ tbsp of Amaretto
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup icing sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 150°C fan forced/170°C
- Place the ground almonds, caster sugar and bicarbonate of soda in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Stir in the egg whites, vanilla and Amaretto, mixing well with a wooden spoon until you have a thick paste.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag, then cut a 1.5cm hole at the end.
- Pipe even circles around 2.5cm in diameter onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Smooth the top of the mixture with a wet finger and then dust with icing sugar.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until the biscuits are cracked and golden in colour.
- Let them cool before dusting with a little more icing sugar and enjoy!
These are the best Spooky chocolate cupcakes, super moist and light, with a great chocolate flavour. They are a fun treat for Halloween and pretty easy to make. This recipe makes about 6 of each cupcake, but you can choose to decorate them however you want! Have fun...
I am a big fan of Christmas, and nothing is better than a hot Sago Plum pudding drizzled in warm creamy custard. I actually prefer it to a traditional Christmas pudding, as it is a little lighter. I also love the texture Sago adds to this pudding, and it is not quite...
Growing up as a kid, my Grandpa’s favourite cake was a Fruit & Nut Loaf. He affectionately called it “Spotted dog”, as it reminded him of his favourite pet dog. It was a very basic recipe, quick to make as kids and was flavoured with raw peanuts and raisins. We...